Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Evolution of a Photograph

 Trying to photograph my lego creations has become a hobby in itself!  As you can see above, I started out just using my camera in a white/boring area.  No matter what I did I could not get a flattering picture...
 Here is a little Micro robot I built, but notice how dark the picture is, as well as the shadows cast.
 I set up a quick and hasty backdrop which Circus became obsessed with and kept photo-bombing my pics :)   Plus the sheets were just wayyyy too wrinkly.
 Here is my Micro car again with a better lighting but its still not great.
 Here is another picture of my Micro car that is looking much better!  My secret = I made a homemade lightbox specifically for taking pictures of my Lego creations. I can't believe what a difference it makes!  My creations (and photos) look so much more professional and 'finished'.
Here is my setup, I can fold this away when I am not using it which is another great feature of the do-it-yourself lightbox :)

No comments:

Post a Comment