Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Making Memories



Dear Mikolaj,

Oh my sweet little one, I swear I love you more each and everyday!  How do you get cuter overnight? Everyday I see more and more of your individual personality peaking through and it is just awesome.  I can't believe how quickly you are growing, changing right before my eyes. You change so quickly that I barely have time to soak up each stage and store you away in my memories... Maybe it has to do with the lack of sleep but I find that I'm having a hard time remembering all of the little details from even just a month ago. I am so glad I am addicted to documenting my life with my camera!

From now on I am am going to exert every effort to cherish and remember each and every stage of your development. I am going to make sure I journal as much as I can, I will write down how it feels to be your mother. It is important that I record those little details before they get lost in time...

I am also going to start listening to music again so that I can associate certain songs with each stage of your life. It's amazing how listening to a certain song can instantly transport you back to a specific time in the past.  I am going to take advantage of this.

Luckily, I am obsessed with keeping jounals, notebooks and scrapbooks. I have a pregnancy journal, a baby book (thanks Nanna), baby milestones calendar (thanks Manda), a scrapbook that is all about you Miko (thanks Aunt Marg) as well as this blog, and my everyday journal. I will have quite an array of documentation to look back on and share with you when you are older. :)

I look forward to creating and recording a lifetime of memories with you my little Miko!

Love your Mommy

 

 Miko's scrapbook (in progress)
 
 Pregnancy journal

 Circus loves to photo-bomb
 
 Baby book
 
 Baby's first year calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment