Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Power of a World Map

 This Christmas I finally bought a World map for Luke, but little did I realize how much I would benefit from its presence also.  There have been many times while watching a documentary, nature show or news story when we say 'Now where is that exactly?....' This map has helped us answer those types of questions on numerous occasions in the past couple of months.

But this map does oh so much more than that.
 It makes us feel like the world is a huge and wonderful place.  
It has instilled within us an even greater desire to travel.
When I feel stressed out or troubled, I lay back and gaze at the map and my worries suddenly seem so very insignificant.
It reminds us of where we've been, where we are and how far we've come.
And it doesn't let us forget where we want to go.

I can't think of a more inspiring way to spend 10$ 

No comments:

Post a Comment