Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crafty Idea # 17 - Homemade Bookends

 My favourite and most satisfying crafts are the ones I create to serve a specific purpose. These bookends are a perfect example, I couldn't find any that I was willing to purchase, so I decided to take matters into my own hands, literally. 
Here are the raw materials: (plus my hot glue gun which isn't pictured)


I didn't have any heavy material to use, so I decided to use the weight of the books themselves to keep the bookends in place.  The little cardboard tabs slip right under the books so you don't even see them.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comments. It brightens my day when I get them (cause I don't get very many ;) So glad you are inspired to make some of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you cover the paper around the cardboard so nicely?

    ReplyDelete