Monday, January 9, 2012

Sherbet Smoothie


After I got my wisdom teeth removed last month, I created a special smoothie recipe by default.  I used what I had on hand, and somehow got a delicious smoothie the process.  As with any smoothie recipe, it's highly customize-able, so use what you like.  Here is my favourite combination:

1 banana
3-4 scoops of lime sherbet (of course you can use your flavour of choice)
2-3 cups of frozen fruit (I use President's Choice 5 Fruit Blend)

Blend on medium setting until you reach your desired consistency.

The secret to this recipe, or at least the reason I love it, is the Sherbet!  I don't like yogurt or milk in my smoothies and find that I prefer sherbet or sorbet over ice cream, so this is perfect for me.  I hope you enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment