Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Winter Hiking

              Winter in Canada can drag on and on......  This has been one of the longest, coldest and snowiest winters I can remember.  For people like me, who like to be outdoors but don't like to be cold, I've had to learn to deal with uncomfortable temperatures because I am not willing to hibernate indoors for 6 months of the year. Luckily for me, living in BC provides me with lots of oppurtunities and excuses for braving the winter outside. This weekend, Luke and I decided to go for a hike even though the temperature was below zero. We were not willing to be trapped indoors a second longer!  Amazingly, we were able to enjoy an incredible hike and view, just by walking out of our front door! We finally decided to stick close to home and explore the very mountain that we live on :)  In total, the hike to the peak and back took us about 3 hours. It was a gorgeous and peaceful sunny day and the pictures we took definately do our adventure justice. Hope you enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment